More than 20 restaurants will showcase their best food and drink at the newly redesigned Taste of the Cape in Cape Coral on Sunday, Feb. 9, from 1 to 6 p.m. The event takes place at Four Freedoms Park in the downtown area, and will also include a free Symphony at Sunset pops concert courtesy of the Gulf Coast Symphony.
Guests will have the opportunity to sample a wide variety of food from Mexican to Italian to Peruvian, Vietnamese and more.
One of the high-end treats on tap comes from Chef Drew Tait from Marker 92 restaurant The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village. Tait will be cooking up his signature coriander encrusted Mahi-Mahi with dried-cherry cous-cous and toasted walnut as well as cherry bourbon-glazed pork ribs and grilled peaches with a tarragon honey drizzle.
Other restaurants scheduled to participate include:
- Chicago Pizza: Chicago-style crust and all the works.
- Jim's Coney Island: Wings and hot dogs.
- Miz Catherine:Gourmet caramels, cake pops, cupcakes, mini-pies and chocolate-dipped apples.
- Pho Vinh: serving Vietnamese pho sups with chicken or brisket.
- Pincher's Crab Shack with stone crab claws and smoked fish dip.
- Sans Sushi: Japanese “ninja” and crunchy rolls.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/tasteofthecape, or call the Gulf Coast Symphony (239) 277-1700.