1. How, when, and why did Door2Door Transportation by SCM become involved in Taste of Somerville?
This is our second year. With the permission of the Somerville Chamber of Commerce, we took the helm in 2009 as a way of celebrating our 25th anniversary.
2. What’s the latest on the event (new restaurants signing up, new activities, retail outlets selling tickets, etc.)?
Tickets are available online at eventbrite and also at both the Somerville Theater and Porter Square Books. The newest restaurants and food establishments to sign on are Ball Square Fine Wines, Petsi Pies, Mt. Vernon Restaurant, The Burren, Diva Indian Bistro, Atasca Hampshire, PJ Ryans, and Johnny D’s, which brings us to 24.
3. Can you tell us a little about the green aspect of the event?
We are seeking partners/vendors who can assist us with putting on a green event. We’re checking into recyclables and considering selling or renting utensils and plates that could be either kept as a souvenir or turned back in at the end of the event.
4. What are you personally most looking forward to?
Putting on a great party to welcome the spring, while simultaneously raising money for our agency and showing off our friendly, skilled, and professional staff, many of whom will be volunteers at the event.
5. Anything else readers should know?
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the event. Contact me: email@example.com. Free entry to those can chip in!