Whitetail Golf Club now has a high definition simulator for players to challenge famous courses on or they can take private lessons from Derek MacDonald, the Ottawa Valley course’s PGA of Canada certified professional.
Groups of four are invited to book screen-times with a selection of 94 courses to choose from, and food and beverage service is available.
The lessons incorporate video analysis using top-of-the-line V1 software.
Here are the screen fees:
- Nine holes - $15 Wednesday and Thursday, $18 Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- 18 holes - $20 Wednesday and Thursday, $25 Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Practice range - $12 for 30 minutes and $20 for an hour.
Contact MacDonald directly at 613.401.5648 or e-mail Derek@whitetailgolfclub.ca.
Kids Play Golf: Solutions to promoting Junior Programs
The National Golf Course Owners Association of Canada has developed a strategy to draw more kids to area courses.
Kids Play Golf is exclusive to members of the association. The program is fully managed by each course.
Here’s how it works:
- Register at www.kidsplaygolf.ca/register
- Enter your facility and junior program details when prompted
- The course’s listing is activated by NGCOA Canada
- Consumers find the listing through the ‘find a program’ page
If a course needs to update its program, the process involves visiting www.kidsplaygolf.ca and then navigating to the Facility Login page where information can be edited and changes saved.
The NGCOA is getting the word out about Kids Play Golf initially by using social media channels and electronic newsletters.
For more details, contact Sarah Allen at the NGCOA at 866.626.4262 ext. 32.