Whether fish fillets are breaded with cornmeal, Panko or traditional breadcrumbs; it’s the crispiness that gives them appeal. The crunchy exterior browned to perfection leaving the inside moist and flaky. Adding a dollop of tartar sauce seems to give those fillets that final touch.
Homemade tartar sauce is great but sometimes you want a little extra kick. This recipe has just that to make your fish dinner tangy and spicy.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Cod, Tilapia and catfish are other great fish choices that can be enjoyed with a spicy tartar sauce to dip or spread over the fillets.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: