Be sure to tune in to WFLA Daytime TV to see Tampa Fashion and Beauty Examiner, Kelly Machbitz, discuss how to find the best jeans to flatter your figure -- and see Daytime Co-host, Jerry Penacoli, shows off his favorite pair.
Jeans will always remain a yearlong staple and they can be your best friend or your worst enemy...so it's important to find ones that do your body some good.
Kelly Machbitz, author of "Wear This Not That! Stylish Solutions To Flatter Your Figure" shares her tips below for finding the perfect pair of jeans:
- Select dark wash or timeless washes.
- Stick with a classic fit. A good choice is straight leg or boot cut. Classic jean fits will give you the most bang for your buck because you'll be able to get maximum versatility.
- Make sure legs, rise (crotch), and waist aren't too tight. The most important thing is comfort - it will be noticeable if you're uncomfortable in them - and a muffin-top is never flattering. You also don't want jeans to be too over-sized as they can look sloppy and make you appear larger than you actually are.
- For a good fit in the backside (rear), look for a yolk (the extra piece if fabric between the waistband and back pockets) that makes the most of your assets.
- Check pocket placement and size. The most flattering styles have medium sized pockets that are placed high (above the fullest/widest part of rear).
- Be sure to try them on with the belt you wear most. This will ensure the waist falls where it should and belt loops are large enough to accommodate the belt.
- Finally, try jeans on with shoes you wear most often and keep in mind how pants fall. If the jeans are too long, fold them over to approximate how they will look hemmed. Remember the back cuff should be aligned with top part of sole.
For more fashion tips, go to Kelly's website: TotalFashionMakeover.com.