Equestrian competitions, training clinics, and other exciting events are plentiful in August’s fourth weekend. Topping the list may be Taking the Reins, an equine festival presented by the Wisconsin Horse Council in Madison. Many additional horse shows, workshops, and trail rides also draw equestrians across the American Midwest.
Summer fairs continue to draw Midwest horse enthusiasts and others, as the Minnesota State Fair runs through Labor Day, September 2.
Horse happenings abound for active equestrians from Friday, August 23, through Sunday, August 25.
Equestrian participants and spectators are advised to call show and event venues ahead to confirm times and other details. Last-minute changes and cancellations may occur.
Rein in this roundup of show bills and flyers for Midwestern horse-related happenings occurring during the fourth weekend of August:
- The Chequamegon E-Z Riders Saddle Club holds a WSCA Open Fall Show at the Bayfield County Fairgrounds, in Iron River, Wisconsin, from August 23 to 25.
- Red Ridge Ranch Riding Stable leads a trail riding trip from August 23 to 25 at Wildcat Mountain, in Ontario, Wisconsin.
- Also from August 23 to 25, the Wisconsin Western Dressage Club offers its Fall Trail Outing at Big Valley Ranch, in Avoca, Wisconsin.
- Pekin Riding Club hosts a Fun Show in Pekin, Illinois, on August 23.
- In Washburn County, Wisconsin, competitive trail riders saddle up for the Northern Highland ride at the Dugan Run Horse Trails on August 24 and 25.
- The Wisconsin Horse Council presents Taking the Reins: a Hands-On Equine Event, at Madison’s Alliant Energy Center on August 24 and 25.
- At the Jackson County Fair Park, in Black River Falls, Wisconsin, the Upper Midwest Buckskin Horse Association offers an August 24-25 horse show.
- The United Barrel Racing Association adds an August 24 event to its 3 Barrels 2 Hearts event lineup at the St. Croix County Fairgrounds, in Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
- On August 24, Circle H Equestrian Stables, of Seymour, Wisconsin, features an Open Horse Show.
- Creekview Riding Club has an Open Show with Points on August 24 in DePere, Wisconsin, at the Brown County Fairgrounds.
- A Mini Event, CT and Dressage Show comes to Chrislin Farm, of Homer Glen, Illinois., on August 25.
- The Fond du Lac County 4-H Horse and Pony Project brings an Open Pleasure Show to Wisconsin’s Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds on August 25.
- In East Troy, Wisconsin, on August 25, a Fox River Saddle Club Open Show takes place at West 20 Ranch and Saddle Company.
- The Western Saddle Club of Cashton, Wisconsin, boasts an Open Speed Show on August 25.
- Additionally, on August 25, the St. Croix Riders Saddle Club Open Show goes off in Baldwin, Wisconsin.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page.
Equestrian event managers and hosts: Do you have upcoming shows, clinics, or other highlights to share? Email the Madison Equestrian Examiner with flyers and details.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.