Are you are new to the gluten-free diet, but you just don't know where to start? I highly recommend getting a subscription to one of the many gluten-free sample service companies that strive to take the guess work out of buying/trying gluten-free products. After all, not all gluten-free products are created equally, so trying before buying is crucial. These companies offer monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscriptions that save both money and time by delivering gluten-free products to your doorstep.
Every month a box full of gluten-free goodies arrives and who doesn't want to receive a surprise every month? The box contains new products (some are full size), coupons, product literature, and more. While you may recognize some of these products, the goal is to get you trying ones you are hesitant to buy and ones you don't see on the shelves at the local health food store/grocery store. A number of these companies can also accommodate people who avoid additional allergens too.
Here is a list of the companies offering gluten-free boxes:
- Cuisine Cube - this company charges $29.99 per month and delivers (free shipping) full-sized breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and dessert items. Some of the products you may recognize, but they specialize in working with small producers and hard-to-find items.
- Conscious Box – has added a gluten-free and vegan box to its offerings. They offer monthly and yearly subscription options, as well as two box sizes (either 5-8 items, or 8-12 items). All of the products included in the boxes (food, health and beauty, and cleaners) are GMO free too. Subscriptions can be cancelled any time before the start of the next month.
- Find Me Gluten Free – will launch a subscription box service this year. Receive a promo code for one month free when you sign up for a three month subscription on their site, or at any of their Gluten & Allergen Free Expos.
- GFree Connect - their care packages are sent out each quarter and contain 25 or more gluten-free items to sample, coupons, professional/organization information on celiac centers, health care professionals, support groups, and more. Care packs cost $29.99, but all new customers will receive the first one for $19.99 (plus shipping and handling).
- G-Free Foodie - launched their Foodie Box Club this year and for $29 per month, users get five full-sized products along with recipes and coupons. All of their products are gluten free and they have a dairy-free option as well.
- Healthy Surprise - sends out a box every month filled with gluten-free snacks that are free of artificial ingredients. Everything in the box is gluten free, vegan, and hand selected to deliver a balance of sweet and salty snacks. This box can be purchased in varying sizes.
- PaleoPax - each month they hand-select five gluten-free and Paleo snacks from producers across the country and ship them to you on the 15th of the month. Their fees start at $18 a month and all of their snacks have been and will continue to be gluten free.
- Savorfull - delivers samples of gluten-free, peanut-free, and dairy-free foods, recipes, and nutritional tips for $15 per month (free shipping).
- Taste Guru - offers monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscriptions and multiple box sizes.
- Tasterie – sells Top 8 Allergy boxes that start at $25 for a monthly subscription.
- The Tasteful Pantry - creates 'free from' snack boxes that can be customized to avoid: gluten, dairy, vegan, soy, and nuts. The one month price is $22.99 and the ongoing monthly subscription is $21.99.
Whatever your path to gluten free, please don't get stuck in a food rut and continue to try new products!