In every industry, there comes a point when an individual must stop and take stock of their career trajectory. Back in the day, such assessments were rarely necessary because career paths were very specific with little or no room for deviation.
However, these days, career paths are more fluid. In essence, a majority of career industries seem to shift and change at least every 4 or 5 years.
It is easy for individuals to congregate around the latest industry trend with little or no thought to creating a general set of relevant career skills.
The following actions will assist you on a path to re-defining your career goals.
1. Determine your current level of expertise
2. Become clear on the direction of your career
3. Focus on taking the necessary steps to achieve your career objectives
4. Develop a set of relevant career skills
5. Be patient during the rockier times
6. Define what career success means to you