College wrestling and Greco-Roman wrestling are among the topics that Takedown Wrestling will take on during its two-hour live broadcast this Saturday, Feb. 2, the show announced Thursday.
Wrestling fans can tune in to listen to to Scott Casber, Steve Foster, Jeff Murphy and Brad Johnson this Saturday 9:00-11:00 a.m. Central and 10 a.m.-noon Eastern. Guest host: Amanda Dahl
This week's guests include:
- 9:03: Spenser Mango, two-time Olympian who will be appearing at the Iowa National Guard All-Star Wrestling Championships on March 23 in Des Moines.
- 9:15: Mike Rogers, Franklin and Marshall's head coach
- 9:35: Mark McGowan, who heads up the USA Deaf wrestling program.
- 9:50: Tyler Barkley, Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update
- 10:00: Mark Cody, head coach at the University of Oklahoma
- 10:15: Dave Curby will talk about how the Jacob Curby Foundation has announced that Dan Gable will serve as Honorary Chair of the 2013 Curby Cup Greco-Roman wrestling event
- 10:35: Jeff Murphy looks at the collegiate scene across America with the Kemin Report
- 10:50: Peggi Johnson, Wildrose Casino and Resort
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation LIVE, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO, on your computer, your Blackberry or I Phone with the I Heart Radio App. KXNO.com, Takedownradio.com, I Heart Radio App.
The college wrestling season is here! Keep up with all the developments in the sport year round... by clicking the "sign up" button at the top of the page -- or click on the Twitter link below -- to make sure you don't miss a single article from College Wrestling Examiner, winner of Amateur Wrestling News' Dellinger Award as wrestling writer of 2011. It's absolutely FREE!
College Wrestling 101: Links to College Wrestling Examiner articles answering basic questions about wrestling, including rules, scoring, uniforms, more