The number of parents who want to take their kids on safari in Africa is fast becoming one of the biggest travel trends for 2014. Always in search of ways to make great vacations more affordable, GreatValueVacations has the perfect Africa vacation for the family: South African Vacation Package: Discover Cape Town With Safari Day Trip.
Here's why this is such a good package for family travel to Africa:
- The featured safari is a day trip to a malaria-free game park so parents don't need to worry about the kids getting shots or taking anti-malaria medications.
- GreatValueVacations has vetted every component of this trip to make it both affordable and family friendly.
- Many families worry about accommodations and whether they need to stay in camps or tents. For this package — and all GreatValueVacations' South Africa tours — accommodations are in a hotel or safari lodge.
- The Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town has many activities and amenities that are very family friendly.
- The safari location is easily commutable from Cape Town so families can make a day trip instead of having to unpack and repack to fly to a game reserve.
- South Africa features a lot of cultural activities and things for families to enjoy together to truly enrich the entire experience.
The GreatValueVacations' South African Vacation Package: Discover Cape Town With Safari Day Trip is a luxurious getaway where families spend 6 nights at the historic Mount Nelson Hotel, also known as Cape Town's "Pink Lady." The property features a number of amenities for children including one of the largest heated swimming pools in South Africa; The Nellie & Nelson Activity Centre which is a colorful hive of activity for children aged 3 to 12 and includes a range of educational games, big-screen TV, blackboard wall, Nintendo Wii, beanbags and child-friendly furniture. Other family friendly activities include organized activities (from group games to storytelling) which take place throughout the day; a teen lounge; cricket matches, treasure hunts, and more; a family friendly restaurant with high chairs and a children's menu; babysitting services; child-size bathrobes and slippers; complimentary milk and cookies at bedtime; child-friendly toiletries; and children's books, games, and more.
In addition to the full-day safari experience at the nearby malaria-free Aquila Private Game Reserve which is just under two hours from the hotel, this trip features a full-day tour of the Cape Peninsula with an English-speaking driver/guide; an optional boat excursion to Seal Island to view a colony of Cape Fur Seals; the opportunity to visit the Cape of Good Hope; a visit to the penguin colony on Boulder's Beach; and much more. Families also have plenty of free time to explore Cape Town at their own pace with an included Hop-On/Hop-Off bus tour which provides access to the cable car to the top of Table Mountain, beaches at Camps Bay, and much more.
The 6-Night South African Vacation Package: Discover Cape Town With Safari Day Trip includes:
- Round-trip economy class airfare from New York (JFK) to Cape Town (CPT)
- Private airport transfers to and from the hotel
- 6 nights in Cape Town at the Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
- Breakfast daily
- Private full-day sightseeing tour: Cape Peninsula
- Private half-day sightseeing tour: Cape Winelands
- Cape Town Hop-on/Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
- Full-day safari experience at Aquila Private Game Reserve
- Services of a professional English-speaking driver/guide
This package is priced from $2,918 from New York based on travel on select dates in May 2014. Prices are per person, double occupancy, based on 7-day advance purchase
Other departure dates and origins are available at slightly higher rates. Prices include round-trip economy class airfare including carrier and government-imposed taxes and fees including the September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport. Fluctuations in exchange rates may affect some taxes or fees.
For additional information on all of GreatValueVacations' South African Vacation Package: Discover Cape Town With Safari Day Trip vacation package, click here or call 800-896-4600.