The enhanced store opening will be sure to please with visits from the Denver Broncos, Nuggets and more
Rockies season may be in full swing, but Comcast is celebrating its newest store opening in Lakewood’s popular Belmar shopping area with guest appearances from our other favorite hometown teams: the Broncos and Nuggets. This weekend, July 13 and 14, Comcast and area community leaders will bust out those gigantic scissors for a fun-filled ribbon-cutting celebrating the newly enhanced XFINITY Customer Center in Lakewood. This isn’t just any old ribbon cutting: The weekend will include entertainment with Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer LIVE and music by the Radio Disney Road Show as well as appearances from Denver Nuggets Point Guard Ty Lawson, Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Demaryius Thomas, first-round draft pick Sylvester Williams and, of course, the Broncos Cheerleaders.
Attendees can take photos with the special guests (they’ll even sign the photo!) and will have the opportunity to learn more about XFINITY products and services firsthand.
Here’s a rundown of events:
Saturday, July 13
- 10 to 11 a.m., ribbon-cutting with Lakewood Mayor Bob Murphy
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., meet Dora the Explorer
- Noon to 4 p.m., TNT “Falling Skies” invasion and get a free T-shirt
- 1 to 2:30 p.m., visit from Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Demaryius Thomas
- 3 to 4:30 p.m., visit from Denver Nuggets Point Guard Ty Lawson
Sunday, July 14
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., visit from Denver Broncos Cheerleaders
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., meet Dora the Explorer
- 1 to 2:30 p.m., visit from Denver Broncos Defensive Tackle Sylvester Williams
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., music from the Radio Disney Road Show
The event will take place in Belmar Shopping area, 7400 W. Alaska Drive, Lakewood, Colo. at the corner of Alaska Drive and Vance Street.