There are many benefits to walking. According to the Mayo Clinic, as well as Drs. Oz and Roizen, some of the many benefits of walking include:
• Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes
• Lowers blood pressure and HDL cholesterol
• Lowers the chances of getting type 2 diabetes
• Helps manage weight
• Enhances mood
• Helps sustain mental clarity
• Helps manage stress
• Increases energy
• Helps to look and feel younger
• Boost the immune system
• Helps to remain strong and active
Now that we know what the experts say, it’s time to take a walk. Some of the many remarkable things about Minnesota are that even when it is cold, snowing, and blustery, there are still many locations where you can take a walk. In addition to Minnesota’s numerous paths and trails, there are many indoor areas to walk including tracks, skyway systems, and malls.
• Click HERE for a list of Minnesota malls, including location, phone numbers, hours, and lap distance.
• Click HERE for information regarding Minnesota walking groups and clubs to join.
• Click HERE for information on Minnesota State trails