Syracuse University announced the men’s basketball exhibition schedule today. The Orange will face D-III Adrian (Michigan) and Carleton (Canada). The team opens the season with a game against the Carleton Ravens on November 2nd and plays the Adrian Bulldogs on November 10th. Both games will be in the Carrier Dome.
Syracuse played an exhibition against Carleton in August of 2013 during the teams tour of Canada. SU fought out a 69-65 win in overtime. Carleton is the crown jewel in the Canadian basketball ranks having won four straight Canadian Interuniversity Sports (CIS) crowns and the national championship in 10 of the last 12 seasons. The team is 292-14 since 2000.
Division III opponent Adrian was 5-20 last season. The first time the team has been sub .500 in Coach Mark White’s five-year tenure.
Syracuse is coming off a season that saw them go 25-0 to open, earning them the #1 ranking in both national polls for three weeks. The team finished 28-5 overall and went to their sixth straight NCAA tournament. The team also is playing in the 2K Sports Classic Nov. 17th – 22nd. SU will have two games at home before heading down to Madison Square Garden. The Orange also will play Michigan at Crisler Center on Dec. 2nd as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
This will be HOF Coach Jim Boeheim’s 39th season at the helm. He is also the 2nd all time in wins in D-1 history with 948 wins.
2014-15 SYRACUSE MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
- Nov. 2 Sun. CARLETON (exhibition) TBD Carrier Dome
- Nov. 10 Mon. ADRIAN (exhibition) TBD Carrier Dome
- Nov. 14- Fri.- 2K Sports Classic (2 Syracuse home games) TBD Carrier Dome
- Nov. 17 Mon.
- Nov. 21 Fri. 2K Sports Classic Semifinals TBD Madison Square Garden
- Nov. 22 Sat. 2K Sports Classic Consolation/Final TBD Madison Square Garden
- Dec. 2 Tues. ACC/Big Ten Challenge at Michigan TBD Crisler Center