Dessert nachos are a great addition to have with your Super Bowl party or any other event that you are hosting. This type of dessert is great if you are not much of a baker but you want to serve something that a crowd of people can enjoy.
- 1 bag of unsalted flour tortilla chips (try your local grocery or health foods store)
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of crème fraise
- 1 cup of berry salsa
- 1 cup of ice cream (any flavor of your choice)
Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
Pour the tortilla chips into a large bowl. Pour the cinnamon and sugar in with the tortilla chips and mix them together.
Stack the chips onto a large baking sheet or an oven-safe serving dish. Scatter the chocolate chips and coconut flakes among the tortilla chips. Place into the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the chocolate is completely melted.
Scoop the crème fraise, berry salsa and ice cream into small, individual side dish bowls. Serve while the nachos are hot.
- You can use regular salted tortilla chips if you want to have a salty-sweet dessert combination.
- You can substitute one cup of white chocolate chips in exchange of any of the chocolate chip choices.