Dreaming of warm breezes and sunny days can brighten any Chicago morning. With the promise of Spring around the corner, sweet treats can be a smile to everyone's face. Chef Dobra Bielinki of Delightful Pastries is bringing bright, colorful sugar cookies to the pastry case at each of the Delightful Pastries locations.
From carrots to pastel bunnies, these cookies are a great way to indulge in change of seasons. Prices for these cookies range from $2 to $4 depending on size. Delightful Pastries has three locations in Chicago, Old Town at 1710 N. Wells St., Jefferson Park at 5927 W. Lawrence and Chicago French Market at 131 N. Clinton.
If you aren't in the Chicago area, don't fret. Chef Bielinki is sharing her sugar cookie recipe. Now everyone can enjoy these sweet treats.
Delightful Pastries Sugar Cookie Recipe for the at home cook
by Chef Dobra Bielinki
12 oz. butter, room temp
14 oz. granulated sugar
1lb 5 oz. all purpose, unbleached, unbromated flour
2 tsp baking powder
1T vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix just till combined.
- Chill dough overnight.
- Roll out to desired thickness and use your favorite cookie cutter. ( recommend from ¼ to 1/3 inch)
- Bake at 375F 6-12 minutes depending on size and thickness of cookie, you want a nice golden color all over the cookie.
- Let the cookie cool, decorate and eat.