Going into coffee shops, there always seem to be coffee cakes. However, these coffee cakes are not really coffee flavored nor are they made from coffee powder. They are simply cakes that compliment the cup of coffee.
Ever tried eating and not drinking coffee? No? Well, you are in for a treat! Let's try some self baked coffee muffin! This how-to recipe will be for a coffee latte muffin. That means there will be milk. If you or your guest is lactose intolerant, then you may wish to substitute the milk with lactose free milk.
Here are the ingredients:
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee mixed with 1/2 cup of milk (whole or 2%)-- Cafe latte
- ⅓ cup canola oil (vegetable oil works too)
- 1 egg
- slices of banana (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare 12 muffin cups with paper liners (you can also use a pound cake container).
- In a large bowl (bowl A), mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second large bowl (bowl B), mix the cafe latte, oil, and egg.
- Stir bowl A ingredients into bowl B well until moist.
- Fill the pound cake container or muffin cups with 3/4 full of muffin batter.
- If you are adding banana slices, add them in the center of the muffin batter and then fill the muffin cups with more batter.
- Bake for 20-30 mins.
- Once ready, pull those little muffins/pound cake out and use a toothpick to poke the center. If the toothpick is clean and dry then those muffins are ready to be served. If the tooth pick is moist, then put the muffin back into the oven for another 5 muffins. Don't over bake it!
Serve it on a plate and savor the delicious muffins!