Super Bowl 2013 is just a few days away, and football fans are starting to think about their Super Bowl prep. For the foodie, this means party snacks. If you're like most people, you'll want some easy finger foods for the big day, and one of the easiest recipes to make is a sweet popcorn recipe.
This baked caramel corn recipe is a tasty snack that works well on any Super Bowl party menu and is super easy to make. Make batches of this sweet treat ahead of time and store it in large Tupperware containers until the big day. Or make it game day and serve it warm for an extra tasty treat!
Baked Caramel Corn Directions
Ingredients for Sweet Popcorn Recipe:
- 24 c. of unpopped popcorn
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2. c. brown sugar, make sure it's firmly packed
- 1/2 c. of corn syrup
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Get out a large roasting pan and coat the sides and the bottom of it with the cooking spray.
- Make the popcorn according to the directions on the package.
- Once the popcorn is done, open it up and pour the contents carefully into the roasting pan, discarding the kernels that didn't pop.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan, allowing it to melt slowly.
- Pour in the brown sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil, and the let it boil without stirring it for 5 minutes.
- Take it off the stove and add in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, stirring it throughout so that the popped popcorn is covered.
- Bake the mixture for 1 hour, stirring the popcorn mixture once every 15 minutes or so.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to completely cool.
- Break the bricks of popcorn apart and put into a covered Tupperware container.
- Serving size is 1 cup. Makes about 24 servings.
Get other Super Bowl snack ideas by clicking on the links in the sentences below:
- Baked potato bar ideas: Finding the right toppings for your spuds
- Delicious soup recipes: Italian sausage soup with pasta
- Homemade trail mix: Healthy comfort food recipes and snacks
- Recipes for leftover prime rib: 5 ideas for your leftovers (Video)
- Ham leftovers recipes: Top 7 dishes to do away with your ham extras (Video)
- Five Italian appetizers that are easy to make and yummy to eat (Video)
Follow me on Pinterest.