If you are looking for a new recipe for chicken wings and want something that is different from the usual hot, spicy, volcanic or Buffalo styled wings you have landed on a good choice. This recipe is for baked wings that are marinated overnight and eliminates the work of frying, breading or standing over the stove. The taste is unique and has a little tang and sweetness to them as they caramelize in the oven. This is not a recipe that can be made and eaten today, the chicken wings need to be marinated overnight to create that unique taste your whole family will crave as an appetizer or light lunch treat.
- 30 chicken wings
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 10-15 ounces soy sauce
- Prepare the chicken wings by clipping off the tops and wing pieces.
- Cut the two remaining sections in half at the joints.
- Place wings in shallow baking pan in one layer.
- Sprinkle the sectioned wings with sugar.
- Drizzle the tops of the wings with the olive oil.
- Pour the soy sauce over the wings to cover each and every one.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Once the wings have been refrigerated for 12 hours remove the plastic and turn the wings over.
- Re-wrap with the plastic and place back in the refrigerator for the next 12 hours to complete the marinating process.
- The next day remove pan from refrigerator and dispose of the plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350'.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours turning them once at the 1 hour mark.
- Once the wings have been cooked transfer them to a platter and serve while hot.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved