"Swamp People" Season 4 will get underway on the HISTORY Channel in just a matter of weeks and Examiner.com has the first round of spoilers. The fourth season of the popular reality show will premiere on February 14, RealityTVWorld.com reports today (Tuesday). In addition, the cable network has leaked some "Swamp People" Season 4 spoilers to wet viewers' appetites ahead of the Valentine's Day premiere.
The cable network promises major battles against mother nature and a new cast of characters. "(Swampers) battle through the wrath of Hurricane Isaac which robs them of five precious days of their short alligator season. In the storm aftermath, they must face down massive fish kills, flooded hunting grounds and gators that just refuse to take their bait," History Channel reveals.
In addition, the upcoming season will have Troy, Bruce Mitchell, Ron, RJ, Jay Paul, Liz and Junior facing new predators on the bayou – in the human form. "There are Texas interlopers in Pierre Part, a wide-spread epidemic of poaching in Louisiana and a plague of new hunting partner challenges."
If you aren't interested in any real "Swamp People" spoilers, stop reading now. Otherwise, read on to see what's about to go down when the cast hits the Atchafalaya Swamp.
- Troy is forced to hunt with his city-slicker oldest son, Brandon. He's a bit rusty during his first time back in the swamp in 10 years. Also, Troy must deal with invaders in his own hunting grounds – a couple of brash Texans with something to prove.
- Jacob is paired up with his brother, Chase. The pressure is on, as Jacob feels the necessity to prove to his dad that he’s the heir to Landry family throne. But, he’s going to have to survive a brutal season.
- Thanks to Hurricane Isaac, Liz temporarily loses her trusted hunting partner, Kristi. That forces her to hunt with her 19 year old daughter, Jessica. To add to her struggles, she is freshly recovering from surgery and is hunting against doctor’s orders.
- After years of hunting in unfamiliar hunting grounds, R.J. and Jay Paul, are finally back on their native land and must prove themselves to the entire Houma tribe by landing the biggest gators they can – even if it means going to extreme measures to succeed.
- Bruce and Ron failed to tag out last season and are determined to redeem themselves on Swamp People 4. However, Hurricane Isaac has dealt the team the worst blow in the swamp – as their hunting grounds are destroyed and access is blocked for days after everyone else is hunting. The team must overcome cannibal alligators, jinxed yellow gators and the near loss of Bruce’s beloved hunting dog, Tyler, if they have a chance at tagging out.
- Pressured by the shortened gator season, Junior pushes his son, Willie, to his wits end. After getting bit by a gator and shot again by his father, Willie jumps ship forcing Junior to recruit his wife, Theresa, to help him finish the season.
- Glenn Guist is trying desperately to define life without his brother, Mitchell, who died suddenly from a massive heart attack in the off season. His friends rally around him as they look to fulfill Mitchell’s dream and unfinished project.
"Swamp People" Season 4 premieres on HISTORY Channel on Thursday, February 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.