If you live in Manhattan, New York, you're probably familiar with everything that comes with living in the big city. For those who are new, however, going over some tips for staying warm and cozy in the winter months can be useful. With that in mind, we have a list of some different things you can do to make sure you survive a Manhattan winter at home.
Tips for Staying Warm In Your Home
No matter where you live, the following tips will help keep you warm while at the same time helping you keep your heating bill lower.
- Good Socks - A simple thing that you can do to stay warm and comfy at home during the winter is to make sure you have thick socks. Try to get ones that cover more of your legs. If you're at home, you don't have to worry about looking silly. Being warm is much more important.
- Safe Heating - While having an extra portable heater in your apartment can be nice, you want to make sure it's safe and that you carefully follow all the directions that come with it. This can also add a little to your electricity bill, so you should be prepared for that as well.
- Wear Layers - Rather than cranking your furnace up all the way during the coldest days of the year, try to wear more layers of clothing to stay warm. This can really help you save money, which means more for entertainment and food or anything else you want to buy.
- Winterization - Before it starts getting really cold out, you want to check your windows for drafts and put plastic over them if necessary. This is also a good time to go through your place and see if there are any other ways you can be more energy efficient, especially when it starts getting colder outside and you feel an urge to turn up the heat.
- Cabin Fever - Being stuck indoors all the time is no fun. However, in the winter months you may find that you're spending more time in your apartment. To get around this, try to pick up a new hobby or stock up on good books to read - whether they're print books or something on the new Kindle. If you're not into reading, come up with other ways to pass the time - like board games or computer games.
While you're probably going to be spending a lot of time indoors, when you do have to go outside, make sure you dress in layers - enough of them to keep you warm with those biting winds that blow. You should also take special care of your diet and take only healthy food like LifeChange Diet. Winters come with less activities so keeping your diet healthy is the best way to assure that. Living in the big city during winter is not a lot of fun, but if you plan and prepare, you're going to have a better chance of not running into any problems.