On Tuesday, Feb. 19, the Supreme Court of the United States will announce its decision on whether or not Barack Obama should have been placed on the California ballot during the 2008 presidential elections.
On Friday, the nation's highest court released a list of granted petitions which indicates that it has rejected arguments that Obama used forged IDs in order to to run for political office, actions that are considered a felony.
On Feb. 15, the Supreme Court announced four cases that have been granted oral argument by the solicitor general, and therefore, further review by the justices. None of these included Noonan v. Bowen, a California-based lawsuit arguing that Obama should have been replaced by other Democratic presidential candidates nearly five years ago.
On Tuesday, the high court will issue a lengthy list of cases that have been rejected for additional review, a list that will most likely include Noonan v. Bowen. Though the Supreme Court has the option to add certain cases that have been elevated to oral arguments, only one percent of cases submitted to Scotus reach that level.
On the court's website, it identifies the status of Docket 12A606:
- Title: Edward Noonan, et al., Applicants v. Deborah Bowen, California Secretary of State
- Application (12A606) for a stay, submitted to Justice Kennedy.
- Application (12A606) denied by Justice Kennedy.
- Application (12A606) refiled and submitted to The Chief Justice.
Noonan's supplemental brief claims that Obama is "[a] citizen of Indonesia, as listed in his school registration #203 from Franciscan Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia. As a citizen of Indonesia Obama was never eligible and never legitimate for the U.S. Presidency."
Noonan et al provides other arguments:
- "Obama is using last name not legally his. Plaintiffs provided this court with the passport records of Stanley Ann Dunham, deceased mother of Barack Obama, showing that he is listed under the last name Soebarkah in her passport. He was removed from her passport in August of 1969 pursuant to the request and sworn statement of Ms. Dunham and signed by the U.S. consul in Jakarta Indonesia."
- "Obama's 2009 tax returns posted by Obama himself [online] showed him using a CT Social Security number xxx-xx-4425, which failed both E-verify and SSNVS."
Additional evidence includes an affidavit by debt collector Albert Hendershot. When conducting a background check on Obama's social security number (042-68-4425), it listed Harrison J. Bounel as a holder of the same SSN. The Social Security Administration does not recycle social security numbers, and officials consider duplicate usage as a red flag for identity fraud.
Related: Is Obama a pathalogical liar?
Other birther cases are taking shape outside of Washington D.C. Earlier this month, California's 4th District Court of Appeals reinstated a similar case after being dismissed by a lower court last year. That case argues that the president benefited from 1.5 million invalid voter registrations in California.
The state's 9th Circuit is also reviewing a birther lawsuit. Last month, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California issued a notice of default against Obama for his lack of response to a plaintiff.
Days before the 2012 presidential elections, billionaire Donald Trump issued a $5 million challenge to the president to release his college and passport records. The public appeal was met with the Obama administration's efforts to quietly sweep the issue under the rug.
Three months later, on Jan. 15, the White House deleted an online petition submitted on its website which questioned the president's eligibility to hold office. Before it was taken down, the petition had generated more than 25,000 signatures in just 24 hours, more than the threshold required to prompt an official response from Obama's White House.
On Feb. 3, a retired Washington State Supreme Court justice, Richard B. Sanders, announced that he will help a plaintiff avoid punitive fines ($13,000) levied by the state's attorney general for filing a birther case.
This weekend, birthers will stage nationwide rallies aimed at all three branches of the government to protest Obama's occupancy of the White House.
Their allegations include the following:
- Soetoro/Obama has been using a fake social security number
- A query using the SSN yields the name "Harrison J. Bounel," a purported relative of Michelle Robinson (Obama)
- Soetoro/Obama submitted a forged birth certificate
- Soetoro/Obama cannot pass the government's E-Verify background check system
- Soetoro/Obama forged his Selective Service registration
- John Brennan, nominee to head the CIA, tampered with Obama's passport records to remove birther evidence such as his Indonesian citizenship
- In 2012, the New York Times reported that up to 70 percent of Obama's Twitter followers are fake.
The movement has encouraged protesters to sign online petitions at Petition 2 Congress. So far, more than 30,000 letters and emails have been sent to members of congress urging them to conduct formal investigations. Birthers are hoping that such activism will create public hearings similar to Watergate in the 1970s which eventually led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.
Authored by Dr. Orly Taitz, a U.S. senatorial candidate from California, her petition to the Supreme Court states:
On April 15, 2010 Obama posted his 2009 tax returns on line. He forgot to fllatten the PDF file and his full unredacted Social Security number xxx-xx-4425 became known to the public . . . . E-verify and SSNVS showed that this number used by Barack Obama was never assigned to him . . . . Additionally, former Chief Investigator of the special [investigations] unit of the U.S. Coast Guard Jeffrey Stephan Coffman prepared a sworn affidavit for Attorney Orly Taitz showing that Obama's alleged application for the Selective Service is a forgery . . . . According to Obama's school registration in Indonesia he is a citizen of Indonesia. According to his mother's passport records his legal last name is Soebarkah. According to sworn affidavits of the Sheriff of Maricopa county, AZ and multiple experts Obama's alleged birth certificate is a computer generated forgery.
Coffman's affidavit, which was executed in Texas, says "it is my belief that the Selective Service registration card that I received under the Freedom Of Information Act request under the name of Barack Obama has been altered."
Share your comments below.
*Note: Subscribe to Republican Examiner for updates