Life is busy, reminders for a few October events around town never hurt!
- The Director is in! Meet and talk with AISD's Special Education director, Janna Lilly (6:00-6:30 PM)
- Autism/Behavior/Related Disabilities: Problem solving and positive approaches to challenging behaviors.
- ADD/ADHD: Problem solving for school success and cooperation at home and work (CHADD)
- School Issues: From "TAKS to STAAR", understanding the changes in state assessments and how they affect your child.
- Grade Advancement: What parents need to know to help their child successfully move from grade to grade.
- Love and Logic: Learn skills and strategies to effectively handle all kinds of situations. (Behavior, discipline...)
- Guardianship Orientation: Arc of the Capital Area will be describing their guardianship program and the importance of obtaining guardianship of your child with special needs by the time they turn 18.
- Group Meetings: Sibling Group: for brothers and sisters (ages 6+) or children with disabilities.
Adult ADD/ADHD: Support group for adults with ADD/ADHD.
Networking Group Meeting
Wednesday, October 12th, 9-10:30 am
The Johnson Center
1700 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78704
Suite is on the 4th floor, and there is free parking in our garage which is the 1st floor (entrance on Rio Grande). Be sure to bring plenty of business cards and information on your resource to share with other providers in the special needs arena.
New Braunfels Support Meeting
Thursday, October 20, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
McKenna Children’s Museum, 801 W. San Antonio St, New Braunfels
Network with other parents while the children play
Friends and Family Happy Hour
Tuesday, October 25, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
The Pourhouse Pub, 6701 Burnet Road, Austin
Relax with other parents and professionals
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
Austin Daytime Support Meeting
Wednesday, October 26, 10:00 a.m.
Central Market Café Mezzanine (UPSTAIRS), 4001 N. Lamar Ave., Austin
Buy your own coffee and come outside for some informal networking.
more photo credit: twobee
To post your event or special resource for children with special needs and their families in Austin or around Central Texas, please email me at email@example.com.