NBA superstar Kobe Bryant has joined a distinguished roster of elite athletes who have volunteered their time to educate young people about getting health insurance.
Did you know that 48 million Americans don't have health insurance, and are one accident away from falling into bankruptcy due to unexpected medical bills?
Through mobile app and interactive website GamePlan4Me, young people (ages 18-34) can find out how to prepare a game plan that will meet their insurance needs.
GamePlan4Me is not affiliated with the government, but links young people to HealthCare.gov, the health insurance marketplace, to help them navigate confusing healthcare issues.
“Our hope is to encourage young Americans to learn about and embrace the importance of healthcare planning and coverage," said David Kristal, CEO of Augeo.
"Taking personal responsibility for one's actions is a goal that GamePlan4Me hopes to instill in visitors to this site," said George Pyne, President of IMG Sports and Entertainment.
GamePlan4Me.com recently launched a series of interviews with superstars like Kobe Bryant, Michelle Wie, Victor Cruz, Keyshawn Johnson, Sanya Richards-Ross and Dikembe Mutombo, explaining why insurance is important.
In healthcare, as in athletics, having a game plan always ensures greater success. Through GamePlan4Me, you can discover how to plan for success with advice from top professionals.
Superstar athletes who support GamePlan4Me:
- Will Allen – pro football player
- Stevie Brown – pro football player
- Kobe Bryant – NBA star
- Jonathan Casillas – pro football player
- Tamika Catchings – women's pro basketball player
- Kurt Coleman – pro football player
- Victor Cruz – pro football player
- Jermichael Finley – pro football player
- Mark Herzlich – pro football player
- Keyshawn Johnson – TV sports analyst and Super Bowl champ
- Paris Lenon – pro football player
- Dikembe Mutombo – former NBA star, entrepreneur
- Sanya Richards-Ross – Olympic gold medalist, track
- CC Sabathia – pro baseball player
- O'Brien Schofield – pro football player
- Bill Walton – Hall of Fame basketball player
- Michelle Wie – women's pro golf champion