Thanks to my sister Robin, I was able to make these, my favorite hot wings ever. She sent me two bottles of Sambal Oelek. Serve these with broccoli slaw (recipe follows).
*WARNING: These wings are super hot and not for the faint of heart*
Find everything you need to make these at your local Meijer.
- 2 lbs (1/2 of a 4 lb bag) frozen chicken wings
- 1/2 a large (18 oz) bottle Sambal Oelek
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake wings 30 minutes. Turn and bake another 30 minutes or til golden brown and crispy.
- Pour Sambal over the top of the baked wings. Stir til sauce covers all the wings. Bake another couple minutes, til sauce just bubbles.
Everything in the 'slaw is to your taste.
- 1 pkg broccoli slaw
- rice vinegar (your favorite variety)
- olive or sesame oil
- sambal oelek
- salt to taste
- your favorite Asian seasonings (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and sambal. Toss with slaw. Add salt and seasonings to taste and toss. Cover and refrigerate til needed.