This is an amazing sandwich! I will be making this one again!
Find everything you need to make it at your local Meijer.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T plus 1 t lime juice, divided
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t adobo sauce from chipotles with adobo
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- hoagie buns (or your favorite variety)
- 1 recipe Chipotle Crema
- thinly sliced onion
- finely shredded lettuce
- thinly sliced tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Combine garlic, 1 T of the lime juice, paprika, cumin, adobo sauce and salt in a large ziploc bag or covered container. Thinly slice chicken horizontally and add to marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Chipotle Crema:
In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 T sauce from chipotles in adobo sauce, 1 t lime juice, and 1/2 t sugar or honey. Season to taste with salt.
3. Heat grill to high. Grill chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Drizzle remaining lime juice on chicken. Drizzle cut sides of buns with olive oil. Grill for 1 minute. Turn; grill 30 seconds more.
4. Slather top buns with Chipotle Crema. Layer bottom bun, grilled chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, cheese, and top with slathered bun.