This recipe is from a page I tore out of a magazine, but I can't remember which one it was.
I used homemade ancho and chili powders for this. And that sure made them yummy!
Find everything you need to make these wings and dip at your local Meijer.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, sectioned
- 2 T vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 T plus 1 t ancho chile powder
- 1 T plus 1 t chili powder
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 pickled jalapeños, minced, plus 3 T liquid from the jar
- small handful fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss wings with oil and salt.
- Sprinkle wings with seasonings and toss to coat.
- Transfer wings to a large baking pan and bake 45 minutes. Turn and bake 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix sour cream, jalapenos and liquid and salt. Taste and adjust as desired.
- I served the wings alongside the dip along with a few cukes.