Enjoy a delicious sesame cornbread with almonds, golden raisins, sesame seeds, and whole grain brown rice.
1 1/4 cup of cornmeal (Bob's Redmill brand)
1/2 cup of gluten-free flour (King Arthur's brand)
1/2 cup of cooked whole grain brown rice
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1/4 cup of chopped almonds
1/4 cup of golden raisins
2 tablespoons of Truvia sweetner (Stevia brand)
1 tablespoon of fresh ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of all-spice
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 blood red oranges (freshly squeezed into juice)
1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon of corn or canola oil
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt (works as the egg substitute)
1 9"x 5" loaf pan lined with parchment paper
Prepare rice according to package instructions; cool and place rice into refrigerator overnight before making bread.
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
1. Mix and sift cornmeal, gluten-free flour, salt, and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice of two blood red oranges and set juice to the side.
Note: It is important to also brush as much of the pulp from the oranges into the bowl for use.
3. In a small bowl mix sesame and canola oil together; set contents aside.
4. Combine almond milk, yogurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, and oil to the flour; use a wooden spoon to loosen contents for two minutes.
5. Use a wire whisk and continue mixing product. If batter begins to appear stiff, then add 1 cup of cold water.
6. Stir in all the spices; cinnamon, all-spice, pumpkin spice, and ground cloves.
7. Use a wooden spoon to mix in rice, almonds, sesame seeds, and raisins; continue mixing all ingredients for another two minutes.
8. Pour batter into loaf pan, bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
9. Adjust oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue baking bread for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Use a toothpick to ensure bread is cooked thoroughly.
11. Allow bread to cool, slice, and serve with fat free cream cheese and honey.