Broiled bacon wrapped shrimp and pooled in the incredible taste of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum! This is simply a perfect combination of tastes - slightly sweet, slightly salty and soaked in spiced rum. This is culinary nirvana!
Easy and quick! Also soft so you can throw them at the television when the officials blow a call against the team you have money on.
Ingredients for Rum Soaked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound smoked bacon, thin sliced variety
- 1/2 cup Catain Morgan Spiced Rum
- lemons, sliced
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and pat dry.
- Separate the slices of bacon and cut each slice in half (depending on the size of shrimp, you'll need one half slice of bacon per shrimp)
- Lay a piece of bacon out on the counter.
- Place a shrimp at one end of the bacon and wrap the shrimp, securing with a toothpick. Repeat this step with all the shrimp.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler for 7 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the broiler and place on a serving platter.
- Pour the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum over the shrimp! Let the shrimp bathe in the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum a few minutes before serving!
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."