Modder Clint Mich has clearly not run out of ideas for his unique Mario Land take on "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" by adding new characters, weapons and areas to the "Super Skyrim Bros." mod. Yes, one of the coolest yet strangest mods for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" on the PC received an update Tuesday.
The "Super Skyrim Bros." update brings the mod to version 1.1 but adds a load of new content plus various gameplay and bug fixes to make "a whole new experience" according to Clint. Both Waluigi and the Goomba King are stage bosses plus a Dusty Dunes world has been added along with Warp Zones and other new areas.
Coins are now easier to grab as you'll only have to run your Mario-dressed up "Skyrim" character through the coins to pick them instead of pressing the "E" button for each one. There's also new weapons including one-handed hammers that can be dual-wielded and the Mega Mallet.
"Super Skyrim Bros." was already a mod that was worth checking out. However, it's always nice to see an independent modder take it upon himself to go the extra mile to improve on their initial work.
You can download the 1.1 version of "Super Skyrim Bros." and check it out for yourself from NexusMods. You can also check out the latest trailer highlighting the changes in our video gallery.
Here's the complete list of addition and changes for the "Super Skyrim Bros." mod.
New Content Added
- Coins pick up on touch
- Dusty Dunes world
- Goomba King stage boss
- Waluigi stage boss
- Ninji enemy
- Pokey enemy
- Spiny enemy
- One handed hammers
- Mega Mallet
- Staff of Koopa Shell
- Conjure Goomba Spell Tomb
- Stamina Mushrooms
- Magicka Mushrooms
- Poison Mushrooms
- Invincibility stars
- Warp Zones
- New areas
- New Prizes at the Coin exchange Prize Wheel
- Added maze hint in Pipe Dungeon world
- Plumbers Gloves
- New Sounds
- New lighting in some interiors
- Corrected numerous grammar and spelling errors
- Removed non working Plumbers Boots from chest at start
- Adjusted Bowser Armor stats so it's all classified as heavy armor
- Plumber hats are now compatible with beast races(they will clip though)
- Extended the riddle in Toads secret note at the end of the mod
- Adjusted Bowsers stats to make him harder. Also gave him shouts.
- Fixed pipe doors so you can not return to a previous level.(This nulified the CTD issue ome were having)
- Fixed Coin Exchange Prize Wheel so it will not increase your smithing skill while using it.
- Compatibility patch now available for Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins mod(optional files section)
- Complete overhaul of the Super Skyrim Bros music and sound system(Music will now play on cue)
- Complete overhaul of the Super Skyrim Bros weapons(They are now more balanced)
- fixed bug in Alvors house(the bed here will now work as normal and not activate the mod)
- Cleaned with TESVEdit
- Numerous other minor bug fixes