It's almost time for the Super Bowl, and what better way to celebrate the big game than with a one-of-a-kind, sweet & salty, mouthwatering and decadent dessert, crafted by Chef Adrian Ashby, winner of the Hormel's Bacon Take Down Challenge. It's a low-hassle, super delicious crowd pleaser that's guaranteed to make your party an even bigger hit with friends and family.
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups potato chips, crumbled
- 2 cups buttered popcorn, crumbled
- 1 cup pretzel rods, snapped into pieces
- 24 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- A large mixing bowl
- A spatula
- A large plastic storage container
- A baking sheet
- A piece of parchment paper
1. Add the vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, potato chips, buttered popcorn, pretzel rods to your large mixing bowl. Mix gently until combined. Transfer the mixture to a large covered storage container and freeze overnight.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out 24 truffle balls and freeze overnight.
3. Combine chocolate and canola oil in a double boiler; place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate has melted completely.
4. Using a fork, drop-turn-and-lift each of your ice cream truffles. Freeze the chocolate covered truffles in your storage container until frozen (about 3 hours).
Take the truffles out a few minutes before you're ready to serve and enjoy. Just make sure to make enough of these delicious mini treats because they're so good, they'll be gone.