Spark up your Super bowl party with snacks that surpass the usual chili cheese dip and chicken wings. These dips and snacks are fast, easy and simple. The taste is worthy of Super bowl, and friends will beleive you are a culinary genius.
Easy Nana Dip
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1-cup salsa
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
Mix, chill and serve.
Unbelievable Ketchup Dip
- 2 8-ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- Onion-fresh chopped, powdered or flakes-to taste
- Three teaspoons of garlic powder
- Two teaspoons of chili powder
- Ketchup-enough to make mixture pinkish
Mix all ingredients, chill and serve with corn chips and pretzels.
- 1 package M&M's, plain or peanut
- 2 cups of shelled peanuts
- One bag of shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups of raisins
- One bag of pretzel sticks or pretzel bites.
Mix in a large bowl and serve. You can mix it up with dried cranberries, almonds, and spicy pretzels.
Really Good Crackers
- 2 bags oyster crackers
- 1 cup oil
- 1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Dressing
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp dill weed
Warm the oil in a large pan. Add the dressing mix, garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. Put the crackers in a large bowl and pour the mixture on the oyster crackers. Stir until all crackers are well coated.
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, light or dark
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 24 cups or 6 quarts of popped corn
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the mixture is boiling, do not stir for five minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Place the popped corn in two large shallow pans and gently pour over the popped corn.
Bake at 250 for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. After the carmel corn is cool, break into pieces and serve.