According to abc27 there will be chicken wings available on Super Bowl Sunday. However because of the shortage of supply the price has shot up to a record high of $2.11 per pound.
If you have decided that you want to make something else instead of or in addition to chicken wings then be sure to check out check out the links to five appetizers, five entrees & five desserts that you may want to give a try.
No matter what you decide to make remember you don't have to pay full price for your ingredients. When it comes to the meat, if you go semi-early in the day the odds are good that there will be some that has been marked down do to the sell by date. With these meats if it's close enough to when you are going to use them then just stick them in your fridge, otherwise your freezer.
Another way to save on your ingredients is to take a quick peak at your local store's circular, to see if anything you need is on sale at one of them. Plus remember for at least some things the store brand is just as good!
Another option is to use coupons. You can get great money saving coupons from newspapers or even print coupons. If you do decide to print coupons be sure to change the settings to black and white, that way you are spending less in ink!
- Chili's salsa: 5 minute prep time
- Homemade baked chips: 1 minute prep time, 10 min cook time
- Spicy pickle dip: 15 minute prep time & 2 hrs chill time
- Chocolate chip cheese Ball: 10 minute prep time + chilling
- Maryland crab dip: 15 minute prep time
- Easy to make BBQ chicken sandwiches in the Crockpot: 10 minute prep time & 8 hrs cook time
- Blue cheese & bacon sliders: 25 minute total time
- Creamy white chili: 10 minute prep time, 40 min cook time
- Digiorno pizza: 20 minute bake time
- Touchdown pizza: ready in about 30 minutes
- Pretzel cookies: 45 minute prep time + 10 min bake time/batch
- French vanilla cupcakes: 25 minute cook time
- Touchdown cookies: 25 minite prep time, 10 min bake time + cooling
- Almond brownies: 20 minute prep time, 10 min bake time + cooling
- Cookie sandwiches: 5 minute prep time
Some of the sales the week of 1/27 for ingredients in the above recipes are:
- DiGiorno pizza two for $9 at Target and get a free 2L soda - use a buy two get one free coupon from the 1/27 newspaper or get it here.
- Chi-Chi's wheat tortillas are on sale for 1.67/pack at Giant food: use the coupon from the newspaper on 1/6 for a better deal
- Philadelphia cream cheese is on sale for $1.50/pack at Target and Giant Food
- Oscar Mayer Bacon is on sale at Giant Food