Super Bowl is almost here and it has been a lot of fun tasting different recipes to serve guests for the big party. We came across a recipe from Canadian Living for spiced roasted potato skins and thought to give them a try. This is an excellent recipe and with only 15 min prep time, you will be able to mingle with your guests while they bake. These skins are crispy, flavourful and highly addictive. The recipe is also easily scalable for a large crowd. The recipe makes 24 pieces that will be gone in a flash. Serve these with salsa and the Greek yogurt dip on the side for a winning combination.
2 large baking potatoes, such as russet (about 900 g)
2T olive oil
½ t chili powder
½ t garlic powder
¼ t pepper
¼ t onion powder
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Greek yogurt sauce
½ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
2T chopped fresh chives
1 T chopped fresh parsley
2t grainy mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using fork, prick each potato several times. Bake in oven until tender, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters.
4. Scrape out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell reserving flesh for another use.
5. Cut each piece crosswise diagonally into thirds. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
6. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Arrange potato pieces, skin side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
9. Whisk together oil, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt; brush over tops of potato pieces.
10. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roast until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
To make Greek yogurt sauce:
1. Stir together yogurt, half of the chives, the parsley and mustard.
2. Spoon small dollop onto each potato skin; sprinkle with remaining chives.
3. Serve remaining yogurt mixture with potato skins and salsa on the side.