Are you one of the Americans who really believes the excitement about the Super Bowl falls into these three categories (in descending order): 1) the football game; 2) the commercials; and, 3) the food?
Actually, it may very well go more like this: food first, then a toss-up between the game and the commercials. The game may actually edge out the commercials now that so many are “leaked” in advance.
According to Chef and Cooking Show Host Kelsey Nixon, tomatillo guacamole is a must-have for every Super Bowl party. Give it a try and determine if it will become a permanent item on future party menus.
- 8 tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, roughly diced
- ½ onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, coarsely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients through salt and pulse until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips.