The upcoming division play-offs are seemingly pitting humans versus animals: Saints vs Seahawks; Colts vs Patriots; Giants vs Panthers; and, Chargers vs Broncos.
While these teams play for the right to represent their conference in the Super Bowl, perhaps you would like to sample a recipe or two in advance, just to make sure it is something you would like to share while watching the “Big Game” on February 2nd. This recipe, tater tot hot dish, might be a good one to start with, especially in light of the record-setting cold weather we’ve had of late.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Heinz Home Style Savory Beef Gravy
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen potato rounds
- Preheat oven 400ᵒ F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble beef and onions until no longer pink; remove from heat and drain.
- Stir in vegetables, gravy and soups; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 2/3 of potato rounds.
- Transfer to a greased 2 ½ quart baking dish; top with remaining potato rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 – 50 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are golden brown. (Serves 6)