The Super Bowl is just under four weeks away. Is your pick still on the office lotto board as a potential winner? If so, good luck. If not, there’s always next year, as the saying goes.
This recipe for sweet mesquite chicken wings not only tastes good but also provides a health bonus. Did you know that apricots strengthen immunity? The vitamin A in them maintains the mucous membranes that keep pathogens from entering the body. How many of your other party treats can you say will offer a health bonus?
- 1 (1.06 ounce) package mesquite marinade mix
- ¼ cup sugar-free apricot jam
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes, visible fat removed
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒ F.
- In large bowl, stir together mesquite marinade mix, apricot jam, balsamic vinegar and 1 Tablespoon water until blended; set aside.
- Place chicken wingettes on baking sheet; coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Roast 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately transfer wings to bowl with marinade mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, and, if desired, with your favorite dipping sauce. (Serves 16)