Did you know that Peyton Manning’s brother, Eli, once led his team, the New York Giants, to a Super Bowl victory on Peyton’s home field (then, Indianapolis)? Now, as the fates would have it, Peyton will have the opportunity to lead his team, the Denver Broncos, to a Super bowl victory on brother Eli’s home field.
Everyone will need some protein to maintain the added excitement of this year’s game. Peyton has had an exceptional year and would seem to be predestined to win this year’s game even before one adds the aforementioned information about his brother’s connection to the game. Of course, the Seattle Seahawks aren’t planning to concede anything – not should they! For that protein, cook up some of these mini cheeseburger bites to boost your protein throughout the game.
- 6 frozen precooked meatballs (1/2 oz. each)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- Cook meatballs as directed on package until heated through. Cut meatballs and cheese slices in half.
- Top 12 of the crackers with 1 cheese piece, then meatball half, and lastly, a second piece of cheese. Place on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or until cheese begins to melt.
- Top with remaining crackers to make 12 "burgers."
Serve "burgers" with a side of dill pickle chips and ketchup or mustard for dunking.
Variation - Bacon Cheeseburgers
Cut 3 slices fully cooked bacon into quarters. Layer bacon pieces between the cheese and meatball halves before microwaving as directed.