The National Football League play-offs have begun and not a weekend too soon for those of us whose teams had horrid seasons. The saving grace of my favorite team not being involved is I get to enjoy the remainder of the season with no pressure.
That being said, it is likely those who have no vested interest in the game will be given the honor of serving those who do at Super Bowl parties. Why not serve up some of these cheesy bacon potato skins to get things started.
- 2 pounds (8 small) baking potatoes, baked
- 1 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400ᵒ F.
- Cut potatoes in half; scoop out potato flesh; reserve for another use.
- Place potato skins on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each skin with 1 Tablespoon cheddar cheese; top with bacon and scallions.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through.
- Serve with low-fat sour cream. (Serves 16)