Did you watch the NCAA National Championship game on January 6th? The Florida State Gators must have taken lessons from the Indianapolis Colts’ amazing comeback win over the Kansas City Chiefs during this year’s NFL play-offs.
How exciting would it be for the 2014 Super Bowl game to go to the last play of the game to determine the champion? Regardless of who your favorite team is, games that are over by the end of the first half are not much fun to watch. Of course, the aforementioned games would make one believe comebacks from great deficits are not impossible.
While enjoying the Super Bowl game with your friends, why not serve up some of these delicious bacon-cheddar pinwheels.
- 1 can (8 ounce) Pillsbury® crescent dinner rolls
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup real bacon pieces or 4 crumbled bacon slices
- ½ cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ F.
- Unroll dough and separate into two long rectangles; press each into 12 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, Cheddar cheese and onions.
- Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 – 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm. (Serves 16)