There are a few people who actually watch the football game on Super Sunday. For the majority of people, however, it is a time to totally pig-out, swill some suds and the one day a year where commercials are actually worth watching.
Spiced Maple Glazed Wings are perfectly prepared chicken wings with a sweet and savory taste that will have your lips flapping faster than a politician pimping for votes. When making these wings you are going to want to use real maple syrup and not that fake flavored corn syrup usually referred to as "pancake syrup." This is important as you want the true flavor of the maple to blend with the other flavors.
This is a very simple recipe to prepare and as you will note, we use no preservatives, no processed ingredients (also known as poison) -- just pure and natural ingredients so... eat up!
Ingredients needed to make Spiced Maple Glazed Wings (makes 12 wings):
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. chili oil
- 1 Tbs. minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- Place all the ingredients, except the chicken wings and sesame seeds into a large bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Add the chicken wings, toss to coat, cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake 25 minutes, basting (brushing) with the marinade a few times.
- Remove the wings to a serving platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
The internationally bestselling cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards, "Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals," is now in it's third printing and available worldwide in both hard cover and e-book versions. The paperback version will be released March 4, 2014.