Local 6 News in Orlando announced Monday that Joe Flacco was the star of the Disney Magic Kingdom parade. Flacco winner of Sunday's MVP and Super Bowl champions quarterback with The Baltimore Ravens rode down Main Street USA. He was cheered by thousands of guests at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey and all of his friends.
Disney insiders report that in 1987, then Disney CEO Michael Eisner’s wife Jane asked the question, “What’s Next?” and that’s where the campaign for the now famous question to winners are asked and paid to answer, “I’m going to Disney World.” Flacco is said to receive an estimated $6,000 per word and we’re sure an all expense paid vacation to Florida’s Happiest Place on Earth. Disney has featured athletes in 46 versions of the famous ad slogan since the 1987 Super Bowl with Phil Simms.
Other famous athletes and celebrities who have graced the mid-day Main Street parade include:
- Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers, NBA Finals – 1987
- Gretchen Carlson, Miss America – 1988
- Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowl XXIII – 1989-90
- Michael Jordan, Chicago Bulls, NBA Finals – 1991
- Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants, MLB home run record – 2001
- Scotty McCreery, American Idol Season 10 champion – 2011
For more Disney news click on: Orlando Disney Travel Examiner