If the whole gang’s coming over for the big game, you’ll need plenty of awesome food to help you keep up your energy as you root your team to victory. If you want to serve something substantial and get your crowd all fired up, there’s nothing better than a big platter of hot and spicy buffalo wings to get everyone up and cheering for the game…and more wings too!
For those who are trying to stick with their resolutions to be fit in the new year, these wings won’t derail those plans because they are baked instead of fried. As soon as they come out of the oven they get bathed in a buttery buffalo sauce that is laced with just a touch of lime juice.
Find chicken wings in the fresh meat case at most grocery stores, including Reasor’s.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings with Lime
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fit a cooling rack onto a sided baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Place the wings on prepared cooling rack.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until wings are golden brown and crispy.
- Right before the wings are done baking…
- In a large bowl, combine butter, cayenne, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice.
- As soon as the wings are out of the oven, add them to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
Makes 4 servings