1. Arts & Entertainment
  2. Celebrity

Super Bowl commercial hides Megan Fox brachydactyly condition

Megan Fox has a condition known as Brachydactyly type D, or clubbed thumb, hidden in her new commercial for the Motorola Devour
Photos: TCF

Related articles
Natalie Cole says goodbye to dialysis, undergoes successful kidney transplant
Channing Tatum suffered a burned and shriveled member
Oprah Winfrey can blow off nasty rumors of deadly thyroid condition

Believe it or not, the most controversial commercial of Super Bowl 44 ended up being the bodacious Megan Fox in a sexy bubble bath plugging the new Motorola Devour. The commercial is so hot even nerds couldn’t resist the hype.

But unlike Janet Jackson’s famous nipple slip and related FCC debacle, the controversy over this commercial doesn’t concern unacceptable states of nakedness on primetime television.

The very beautiful Megan Fox has a rare congenital deformity known as Brachydactyly type D, or clubbed thumb, a condition in which one or both thumbs are significantly shorter and wider than the accompanying fingers. Her thumbs have a distinctly bulbous appearance with nails that are short and wide. Rather than show Fox's real hand in a close-up shot holding the Devour, the director substituted a hand model.

As far as I’m concerned, Fox’s hands don’t detract from her overall beauty. If she's the sell factor behind the Devour, with or without stubby thumbs, she’s a lovely endorsement.

Fictional standards of beauty created out of whole cloth are particularly damaging to the self-image of regular women. Try as we might, we can’t live up to them.

Neither can women as gorgeous as Megan Fox.

Comments

• fw 4 years ago

fw

• TruthbeTold 4 years ago

It's not a "fictional" standard if it's naturally repellant. Sorry, but human physiological reactions are based on chemical ones in the brain. Large breasts, symmetrical faces, and proportional appendages in women are all caused by several million years of evolution. It's like the gag reflex. Not everything about humanity is "constructed" or "fictional", especially not ingrained hereditary responses. No comment on this girl particularly, but when it comes to human biological reactions, this reporter is an ignoramus.

• TruthbeTold 4 years ago

Basically, the only thing "fictional" is the ability of deluded humans to pretend biology doesn't exist. If you personally don't measure up, the rest of the race hasn't made a "mythical" standard. It's just that you don't meet it.

• jimmy 4 years ago

big deal

• Edge-of-Thornes 4 years ago

Male stomaches that lap over their belt buckles are also replellant yet men expect women to ignore that on a regular basis...

• fl 4 years ago

fl

• Suckbigdicts 4 years ago

wow ur mega hot hahahaha horn e me

• me 4 years ago

o please who cares about a freakin thumb

• jhdhfd 4 years ago

she is still the sexiest girl in the world who cares about her thumb

• roy 4 years ago

she can finger my butt with that club thumb

• el javi 4 years ago

go to youtube.com and look up cacamantellthem for a view of her thumb

• el javi 4 years ago

go to cacamantellthem on youtube to see her thumb

• idiot 4 years ago

I wouldn't touch her with that thumb. Rather have Rosie Odonnell's cocktail frank fingers.

• what? 4 years ago

why would any one care about her thumb? The only people that could care about that thumb is if they have a thumb fetish or something

• justy 4 years ago

thereas nothing sexy about this . people are sad if this commerical got them excited

• fodder 4 years ago

WHY is every freakin' link in this article a unkown DNS?

• fodder 4 years ago

WHY is every freakin' link in this article a unknown DNS?

• Tiffany 4 years ago

I think it's stupid. I have the same type of thumb she has on my right hand and it's rediculous that they altered it. Had it been her figure it would be criticized up one wall and down the other. They shouldn't have altered her thumb or used a double.

• FIshous 4 years ago

Doesn't even look any hotter than your token high school slut with some makeup on.

• LadyMickey 4 years ago

Who gives a damn about her thumb or anyones "short finger" at that matter. The Media is just looking for an excuse to make her look like she got a disease! But I guess that part of the Media Industry....She still the SEXIEST mama! F*** YOU, F*** THEM, STICK A METAL POLE UP UR ASS MEDIA and ANYONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT STUPID SCANDALS LIKE THESE!:*

• julee 4 years ago

I cant realy even tell that there was anything even wrong with her thumb and she's like extra preaty so yeahh.. :)

• your mom 4 years ago

i dont understand all the fuss about megan fox. she is pretty, but had not talent. i could walk to the beach and see alot of girls prettier than her. really dont see the big deal about her, and who the hell cares about her deformed thumb

• joe 4 years ago

who cares about her thumb??? and i dont really think shes hot...too bitchy and way too much make up

• Silky 4 years ago

Yall aint got nothing better to do than talk about a thumb?

• Erin McMeel 4 years ago

I understand why she would do that because I have clubbed thumbs as well and I am self-conscious about my thumbs. I am always hiding my thumbs when I'm in public, its a full time job really hahaha. But when I'm with my family I don't have to hide them because they already know!

• winne 4 years ago

that is retarted who care about her thumb. I'm suprise that the media just has to say one thing or flaw magan has. That isn't a big issue. I don't really think she hot either, just because she seems like a bitch, and I don't know her. I don't judge the outside I judge her personality. I also think that the media should stop encouraging megan as hot because that inapproiate and it's not a good idea for kids to look up to her.Well considering I am one.

• KNUT 4 years ago

She can stick her thumb up my ass while we are making out!

• Chrissie 4 years ago

lol obviously their are some jealous people that are so worried about finding something wrong with her that they had to worry about if its her thumb or not. Gimme a break! let her live who cares!

• BIG D 4 years ago

I GIVE HER TWO THUBMS UP.......AND FOR YOU ( OTHER ) PEOPLE... LEARN TO SPELL OR AT LEAST GO TO COLLEGE AND LEARN TO WRIGHT. MY GOD, WE HAVE A NATION OF IDIOTS...

• THUMBGUY 4 years ago

I agree with the other guy she can stick it up my ass while we make out...

• C3 4 years ago

Umm, don't you mean, ". . . learn how to WRITE", Big D?

• John 4 years ago

She has Thumb's?

• Angela 4 years ago

Who gives a crap about her thumbs? Shes gorgeous. And why is there an entire article about this. Someone needs a life.

• fido 4 years ago

I think it is crazy how everyone feels the need to get so worked up about something so small...WHO CARES! She not one of my favorite actress' but I think they should not of altered her hand....she was born with it and look how far she has gotten with it. Why does this need to be such an upsetting topic???? nothing better to do I guess.

• Jizz n ur facde 4 years ago

OMG what is wrong with you people? Megan Fox is so f'in hot who cares if so has deform thumbs, Guy and Girls wont be f'n her thumbs...

• Eric Gomes 4 years ago

OMG... People really need to find some sort of hobby... What a waste of my time reading this... Blame myself.. Go find something else more important to write about... GEEEE!!!

• riprap124 4 years ago

wooooow...these peoples gotta get a life..i dont even see the differences between her thumbs...ok....wierd...people who actually care abot her thumbs....go buy a life on ebay or smtin

• YepMeToo 4 years ago

These little blogs always put a smile on my face.

The topic is not really what's important, the idea that anyone can add their two cents (or in some cases half of one) on any topic they wish is the beauty of it and the reason they exist.

You can learn, share, vent or joke and read the ridiculous and sometimes hilarious things that people write. If you like to criticize, appreciate, donate or whatever gets you off, there's a place to do it and plenty of people to suffer/enjoy what you write.

That said, I third that. She can thumb me for all I care. I'd just return the gesture in kind. =)

• YepMeToo 4 years ago

These little blogs always put a smile on my face.

• YepMeToo 4 years ago

These little blogs always put a smile on my face.

• RICH HOT 4 years ago

My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago. yeah.. i'm young ,beautiful,lonely and still
    hurting.i maybe need someone to love..still..
    My friends told me about -----Agegapsingles.com -----told It's the best place to meet an older boyfriend or a younger one. ..So i got a username(Anna Bely) there in order to find a new boyfriend.i just don't know if it's right !!!!