Who will win the MVP of Super Bowl XLVII? Well, if you have a gut feeling on who will be the brightest star on the NFL's biggest stage, you can turn your hunch into a bunch, of cash that is! Las Vegas sports books have put out odds on who they think will be the MVP of the 2013 Super Bowl, and as usual when it comes to the big game, the quarterbacks are at the top of the list.
When it comes to winning the MVP, the quarterback of course gets looked at most often and with good reason. Since they are involved in every offensive play, they are always at the top of the list.
Six of the last nine Super Bowl MVP awards have been won by the winning teams quarterback.
The other three winners over the last nine seasons were Santonio Holmes, WR, Pittsburgh (SB XLIII), Hines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh (SB XL) and Deion Branch, WR New England Patriots (SB XXXIX).
A defensive player winning the Super Bowl MVP rarely happens, yet the Ravens Ray Lewis is the third choice to win the award.
Here is a list of the current odds as of Jan. 25, 2013 to win the Super Bowl MVP.
- Colin Kaepernick (SF) QB - 7/4
- Joe Flacco (BAL) QB - 11/4
- Ray Lewis (BAL) LB - 7/1
- Frank Gore (SF) RB - 8/1
- Ray Rice (BAL) RB - 10/1
- Michael Crabtree (SF) WR - 14/1
- Anquan Boldin (BAL) WR - 16/1
- Vernon Davis (SF) TE - 18/1
- Torrey Smith (BAL) WR - 20/1
- Ed Reed (BAL) FS - 33/1
- Aldon Smith (SF) LB - 40/1
- Dennis Pitta (BAL) TE - 40/1
- Randy Moss (SF) WR - 40/1
- Patrick Willis (SF) LB - 50/1
- Terrell Suggs (BAL) LB - 50/1
- Bernard Pollard (BAL) S - 66/1
- Dashon Goldson (SF) FS - 66/1
- David Akers (SF) K - 66/1
- LaMichael James (SF) RB - 66/1
- NaVorro Bowman (SF) LB - 66/1
- Bernard Pierce (BAL) RB - 75/1
- Justin Tucker (BAL) K - 75/1
- Ted Ginn Jr. (SF) WR - 75/1
- Alex Smith (SF) QB - 100/1
- Delanie Walker (SF) TE - 100/1