- Baja Betty's: Casual, brightly-lit Mexican food joint, this is a likely place to run into everyone else still crawling out from under last night. It's unpretentious and busy, but can be noisy and take a while. But, you'll run into everyone, so it works out. Entrees run around $10, as do bottomless mimosas
1421 University Ave
Bottomless mimosa brunch 10-2 Saturday and Sunday
- Bamboo Lounge: Very California blend of deli sandwiches, salads, and sushi. Busy and small in the front, there is also a banquet room and a quiet, surprisingly peaceful back patio area. Meals run $8-15 depending on hunger level and combinations. Mimosas run $9.
1475 University Ave
Bottomless mimosas 10-2 (with some flexibility) on Sunday
- 100 Wines: A bit fancier and definitely higher on the pretentious meter, the food is in the gastro-pub style: a little heavy, a little trendy, but perfect for a day-after brunch. Entrees will run $11-18. There's a full bar with plenty of other early-bird drinks, and mimosas--while not bottomless-are only $1.
1027 University Ave
Mimosa brunch 10-2 on Sunday
- Nunzi's Cafe: This small, locally-run place offers Italian-inspired food with idiosyncratic twists to love. The paninis are probably the big attraction for most, but the brunch-time mimosa/bellini/sangria options don't hurt. Because it's basically a one-man show, it can be a little unpredictable for service speed and crowding, but when it works it's worth it. Entrees run $9-15, with bottomless mimosas, sangria or bellini for $10.
1255 University Avenue
Mimosa/sangria/bellini brunch 10-2:30 on Sunday
- Huapangos: Less aggressively cheerful and bright than Baja Betty's, this is more down-heel kitsch in its approach. The food is relatively inexpensive considering how plentiful it is, and the drinks keep coming. Brunch is a mixture of standard egg dishes, pancakes, Tex-Mex and more typically Mexican fare. The Hacienda breakfast ($11.50) will leave you full for days. Bottomless mimosa, sangria and champagne are $9.
3693 Fifth Avenue
Mimosa/sangria/champagne brunch Friday 10-2, Sat/Sun 9-2