It was announced today that 12 regular-season Connecticut Sun games will be televised live on CPTV Sports. The first game to be televised will be on Sunday, May 18, when the Sun travel to Minnesota to take on Maya Moore and the Minnesota Lynx. This will be the third straight year CPTV will carry Sun games, and all of the CPTV telecasts will be road contests.
A complete schedule of games that will air live on CPTV Sports is as follows (all times Eastern):
- Sun., May 18 @ Minnesota Lynx, 5 p.m.
- Wed., May 21 @ Chicago Sky, 12:30 p.m.
- Fri., May 30 @ Chicago Sky, 8:30 p.m.
- Fri., June 13 @ New York Liberty, 7:30 p.m.
- Sat., July 5 @ Tulsa Shock, 8 p.m.
- Thurs., July 10 @ Indiana Fever, 12 p.m.
- Tues., July 15 @ Seattle Storm, 3 p.m.
- Thurs., July 17 @ Phoenix Mercury, 10 p.m.
- Tues., July 29 @ Atlanta Dream, 12 p.m.
- Fri., Aug. 1 @ San Antonio Stars, 8 p.m.
- Sun., Aug. 3 @ Los Angeles Sparks, 3:30 p.m.
- Fri., Aug. 8 @ New York Liberty, 7:30 p.m.
The first independently owned WNBA franchise (before the Sun moved from Orlando where they were known as the Miracle, all WNBA teams had been affiliated with NBA counterparts), the Sun has qualified in eight of its 11 years in the Nutmeg State, and have reached the WNBA Finals twice.
CPTV Sports is available on the following cable channels in Connecticut:
Comcast, channel 966 (with Comcast Danbury, Bethel and Ridgefield on channel 256)
Cox Communications, channel 805
Cablevision, channel 139
Charter, channel 223
Thames Valley, channel 87
MetroCast Channel 418
In addition, CPTV Sports is available over the air on channels 24.3 (Hartford), 49.3 (Bridgeport), 53.3 (Norwich) and 65.3 (New Haven). CPTV Sports will be available on AT&T U-Verse fall 2014. The station also has a channel on YouTube offering programming highlights.
The Connecticut Sun will open their 2014 season on Friday night when they entertain the New York Liberty, led by UConn legend and former Sun superstar Tina Charles. Tip-off is at 7:05 p.m., and tickets can be purchased by clicking HERE.