It’s capital crunch-time for players who made it through to the Ottawa Sun Scramble’s Championship Saturday.
Survivors from round one play in the Promomedia B, Absolute Comedy C, Ladies C and Flashpoint Photobooth D divisions go for their respective city titles today at Outaouais Golf Club in Rockland.
They’ll be playing the South and West nine-hole tracks on the 27-hole parkland course featuring rolling terrain, dynamic elevation changes, mature trees and plenty of water.
Here’s the day’s itinerary and this report's slideshow shows the holes they’re to play:
- 11 a.m. - Registration/check-in and Player's Lounge opens
- 11 a.m. - Ian Campbell's "The Guy In The Kilt" Putting Contest
- 12:30 p.m. - First tee times
- 4:15 p.m. – Head to the Player's Lounge to watch the scores come in and attend the awards and prize presentations
- 7:30 p.m. - Promomedia Group Closest-To-The-Pin Presentation
- 7:40 p.m. - Absolute Comedy C Division Awards Presentation
- 7:50 p.m. - Ian Campbell's "The Guy In The Kilt" Putting Contest Presentation
- 7:55 p.m. - Ottawa Sun Balloon Ride Presentation
- 8 p.m. - Ladies C and Flashpoint Photobooth D Awards Presentations
- 8:15 p.m. - Promomedia B Awards Presentation
- 8:30 p.m. - Closing Remarks
To check out today's tee-times, visit http://www.ottawasunscramble.com/pdf/2014ChampionshipSaturdayDraw.pdf
The Ottawa Sun Scramble began in 2005 with an Open and Senior event at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
The weeklong tournament now offers 10 two-round partner divisions plus the Regimbal Media Challenge and four qualifying events. The tournament is conducted by local golf promotion company, ClubEG (www.executivegolf.ca), and is a scramble format where both players take a shot and use the better of the two from the tee box, on the fairway, in bunkers and on the green.
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.