June 5, 2014
- New Summer Dishes at Agora: Items include baba ghanouj, a creamy roasted eggplant dish made with garlic, tahini and fresh lemon juice and topped with olive oil and pomegranate seeds; goat cheese with black caraway seeds and honey; fasulye, which are large lima beans tossed with fresh dill, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice; and enginar which is artichoke bottom filled with diced carrots, potatoes and sweet peas braised in olive oil.
- Noelia Italian Kitchen Opens June 7th: This new Italian restaurant will serve modern Italian cuisine, and will also have a dance floor for late night festivities.
- TICO Opens on 14th Street June 8th: James Beard award-winning chef Michael Schlow announces the June 8 opening of TICO, a Spanish and Latin American inspired restaurant that originated in Boston.
- DC Boat Festival June 14th and 15th: Head over to the Thompson Boat Center to watch the boat race, see a eye dotting ceremony, and sample zhong zi, a traditional Chinese dish where rice is stuffed with different fillings and wrapped in bamboo.
- Masters of Food & Wine Debuts at The Park Hyatt Washington on June 21: This special brunch will be prepared by Park Hyatt Washington Executive Chef Sebastien Archambault and special guests Executive Chef Jeremy Bearman and Culinary Nutritionist Kristy Del Coro of New York’s Michelin-starred Rouge Tomate. Priced at $75 per person (all inclusive), the menu will highlight carefully sourced, nutritious items from local farmers. Brunch will be served market-style allowing guests to freely walk around and interact with the Chefs
- Oval Room to Close for Renovations June 30th: In anticipation of its closing, the restaurant’s most popular dishes will be featured throughout the month of June. Guests can order two courses at lunch for $25 and three courses at dinner for $50. Dishes offered include roasted baby beets with an ice wine dressing, white asparagus and morels topped with a whipped egg sauce and toasted hazelnuts, truffle pasta tossed in a truffle fondue and drizzled with shaved summer truffles, as well as beet- chocolate cake served with buttermilk lime sorbet and dark chocolate mousse, and passion fruit curd complete with frozen coconut yogurt and dried marshmallow.