July 6, 2013
While temperatures are getting hotter in the U.S., now is the time to be thinking about the ski season. Here are 5 things that you can do to help you get ready for next season.
- Tune your skis/board. If you have not done so already, make sure your board or skis are ready to go for next season. Put a layer of storage wax on the bases and make sure that you scrape off any excess on the edges.
- Get in shape. Now is the time to get in shape. There are many cross-training sports that are great for skiing/snowboarding. Sports like mountain biking, running, stand-up paddle boarding, in-line skating, and many more are great for getting in shape for the coming season.
- Summer reading. If the summer heat is getting to you, grab a ski/snowboard magazine and give it a quick read. It will cool you down and get your mind thinking about next season.
- Take inventory. If you store all your gear, make sure you know what gear items you need for next year. Do you need boots, skis, poles, or a board? Do you need goggles, a new helmet, or clothes? Now is the time to start taking stock in your equipment.
- Create a training log. If you took lessons last year, what were you working on? Do you have a training plan? What will you be working on come the start of the season? It is best to figure out these things now so you will be ready to hit the ground sliding come November/December.
Follow these simple tips and next season will be off to a great start!