When it comes to soups which are naturally creamy and having a natural aura of slight sweetness, there is nothing to compare with a true American classic like Sweet Potato Soup. You would be hard-pressed to find a soup this delicious which is so easy to prepare.
Serve this as the opening dish for any dinner featuring a grilled and barbecued entree and watch the faces of your family and friends light up.
If you are a true fan of sweet potatoes (and who isn't), below the recipe and steps we have shared with you some truly delicious recipes featuring this colorful and naturally sweet tuber!
Ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Soup (serves 4):
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbs. butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine the sweet potatoes, onion and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Into a food processor or blender add the contents of the saucepan and puree. Pour the puree back into the saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Into the soup stir in the butter, milk, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes before serving.
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."